STARTERS - APPETISERS
- Chef's Home made Soup of the Day with Croutons and Herb garnish
- A Melody of Mussels flamed in Brandy with a light creamy garlic sauce
- Prawn and Melon Gateau served with traditional Marie Rose Sauce and tangy lemon
- Rosette of Smoked Salmon with a soft Cream Cheese and Chive filling
- Avocardo and Tuna Mouse served with Melba Toast
- Breaded Smoked Applewood Cheese on a salad of Apple, Celery and Walnut with a Sweet Apple Sauce
- Mushrooms pan fried and served in a Creamy Garlic and Stilton Sauce
MAIN COURSE - ENTREES
- Shank with Redcurrant and Red Wine Glaze served on a bed of minted mashed potatoes
- Medallions of Beef with Roasted Shallots, Garlic and Button Mushrooms in a Jack Daniels, Whiskey or Brandy Sauce
- Char Grilled Loin of Pork Medallions with a Sweet Orange and Brandy Peppercorn Sauce
- Braised Lamb Steak with a Mint and Shallot Mash in a red wine Glaze, served with a sweet Port Sauce
- Poached Breast of Chicken stuffed with Bacon and Stilton and served with a light creamy Stilton Sauce
- Chicken Supreme filled with Apple, Redcurrant and Vanilla Sauce
- Duck Breast fanned over Caramelised Orange with an Orange and Ginger Sauce
- Salmon Steaks cooked in Orange and Ginger Sauce with Sweet Red Onion and Parsnip Mash
- Seared Salmon Supremes cooked in a Tarragon and Dill Sauce and served with fresh Asparagus and poached egg
- Spinach and Mushroom Tagliatelle with Creamy garlic and Herb White Wine Sauce
GAME in Season:
- Slow Roasted Pheasant in a Port and Redcurrant Sauce
- Slowly Braised Partridge served on a bed of Swede and Carrot with Cherry Brandy and Beetroot Sauce
- Braised Venison Steak in a rich Redcurrant Sauce
ALL DISHES are served with Chef's choice of Seasonal Vegetables together with a choice of Potatoes (Dauphinois, New, French Fries, Jacket) or a Seasonal Salad.
We have a fine range of traditional desserts; pies, cheesecakes, brulees, roulades, trifles, profiteroles, sorbets and ice creams.
Cheese and biscuits comes with a selection of 4 cheeses
We serve coffee (or tea) with mints to finish.
- Fillet 8oz - £14.25
- Sirloin 8oz - £10.95
- Rump 10oz - £10.95
- T-bone 16oz - £12.95
All served with mushrooms, tomato, onion rings and choice of potatoes or french fries Stilton, Pepper or Diane Sauces are £1.50
Our cellar has a good range of House Wines together with a range of Speciality Wines.
Prices vary according to season.
- The prices of the selection of Appetisers above fall into the range £3.50 - £5.50
- The prices of the Entrees the choices given above fall in the range £10.50 - £14.95
Table-de-hote prices are between:
£10.95 and £12.95 for 1 course
£12.95 and £14.95 for 2 courses
£14.95 and £16.95 for 3 courses
- Deserts and cheeses are priced between £1.75 and £4.95
- Coffee is £1.20 per cup, speciality coffees are more
We are pleased to quote for groups and parties and our discounts offer excellent value for money.